Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Friday the 13th Marathon Review Experiment

Psycho Killer,
Qu'est Que C'est
Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away
 - Talking Heads

I had a reader recently email and ask, why no Friday the 13th? And I had to admit, it's a pretty valid question. Granted I just started writing reviews and I'm not a huge F13 fan, but every horror movie fan worth his or her salt (in the wound that is) knows that this series is a pinnacle of the genre. Love it. Hate it. Or just plain tolerate it. Everybody knows about it and if you ask your dear sainted Grandmother who the killer in the hockey mask is, ten bucks says she'd know the answer.

So, apropos of nothing, Werewolves is going to review every Friday the 13th canon-style, one right after the other.  I plan to watch every blood-spattered, power-tooled, silly, sexy, stupid, fun, second of every Friday movie featuring the beloved masked mongoloid killer with mommy issues.  Just not all at once. I have a life and a day job. ; )

The reviews will start soon with the one that started it all: The Original Friday the 13th (1980).  Can't wait to see you at Camp Blood.  I hear it has a death curse....

No comments: