Monday, February 4, 2013

The Nightmare on Elm Street Marathon Review Experiment

Whenever I want you
All I have to do is
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam,
Dream, dream, dream
- Everly Brothers

My last marathon experiment involved watching and reviewing all the Friday the 13th movies - one right after the other. And yes, it started out with a bang but ended with a whimper as I wearily watched Jason cutting through teens like so much meatloaf. After all, they follow pretty much the same formula.  And the later ones... well let's just say they weren't as good as the first.

So one astute reader threw this out there.  Why not do a Nightmare on Elm Street experiment? Why not tackle everybody's favorite burnt, undead killer dreamboat?
 And I have to admit, it would be a lot more fun. Granted I had already tore a hole in the new one in my Live Blogging of a Crap Horror Film which you can read here but it's been some time since I watched all of the NOES and I certainly never watched them in order.

So, this time around, Werewolves is going to review every Nightmare on Elm Street canon-style, even the silly ones.  And it's all going to start with the best one of em' all:  The Original Nightmare on Elm Street (1984).

Until then, try and stay awake.  And remember...no running in the hallway....



No comments: